Friday, January 19, 2007

Yaaaay for tennis!

(Don't pass out Joff! Your eyes are not fooling you! I am actually posting on my blog again this soon! Shocking, isn't it??)

Shocked

---------------------------------------

I'm definitely enjoying the Australian Open being shown live on ESPN because just when every other channel switches over to those obnoxious late-night infomercials, the Australian Open coverage starts at 3:30am! Amen for Australia being so many time zones away!

Wakka Wakka

My absolute favorite player Andy Roddick is taking on Marat Safin in the 3rd round. (Go Andy!!!) It's looking to be a really good match so far.
---------------------------------------
Andy's known for his big serve, so hopefully this will be him acing Safin and kickin some bootaaay...
Tennis Ace
---------------------------------------
And hopefully this will be Roddick after beating Safin...
Game Set Match

---------------------------------------
Yes, I'm a dork. But watching Roddick play is taking my mind off the pain the meds don't alleviate, and it's heaven to be laying in bed snuggling with both my kitties while watching Andy Roddick's beautiful self playing tennis on tv.

Cool

And while I'll be disappointed if Roddick loses, there'll still be Rafael Nadal (another cutie, and probably my 2nd favorite player) to watch for the remainder of the Australian Open.

Brows

---------------------------------------
Randomness...
I know I probably overuse smileys, but hey, I think they're cute. And I think they do a nice job of breaking up the posts so it's not just constant text.
Out of curiousity though, lemmie know if you are annoyed by the quantity of smilies I use in my blog. And you can be honest cuz I've grown quite a thick skin in the past few years.
---------------------------------------
More randomness...
Look! It's a little smiling tennis ball! ---> Bright Green
---------------------------------------
Oh, medical update for those who are interested...
Turns out I've gotta have another surgery next Thursday (the 26th) cuz they STILL can't figure out what's wrong with my tummy. Bleah. Part of it is to fix some bleeding, and part of it is exploratory to try and figure out what else could possibly be causing all the other intestinal symptoms I've been having since LAST FEBRUARY. Argh. Seems to just be par for the course in terms of my medical saga.
---------------------------------------
Well Roddick's starting to struggle a little and Emmie's begging for attention, so I'ma go do some more kitty snuggleage while I root Andy on.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!! And just remember...
It's almost the weekend!
Custom Smiley


Here's a round of applause for those of you with Monday through Friday jobs for making it through another week...
Clapping Hands
G'night y'all. Or rather, g'mornin!

4 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

O.K. it's past Friday and the weather sucks but here I am sitting at work wishing I was home - took a brief moment to check out your blog because closings are caught up! Yea for me!!! Hope you are resting for next week - call when you get a chance!

Love ya,
AD - Mom

2:59 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

Have been here since this morning - did church closings and then school closing - going to sleep thought you might be up this time of night - catch ya later!

AD MOM

10:31 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

Actually not sleeping yet - still working LOL - still here - Hey this is kinda fun - no one answers me back ! LOL

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with surgery down in Durham. I dare you to sport VT facepaint on one side of your face and UNC facepaint on the other, right before they administer the anesthesia.
-Joff

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home